Tuesday, March 10, 2009

terrarium fun

When I was a kid my mom and I use to make terrariums together. She owned a plant store called the Elemental and she would sell all sorts of plants, pots and terrariums. For the past 2 years I had a great terrarium project in mind but no container. A while back I found this great Pyrex container at a flea market for $5.00. I have been wanting to turn it into a terrarium and the stars finally aligned to give me the time and opportunity to put it together with my friend Stephanie

We bought all the necessary terrarium mish mash and set about making our terrariums.


Once we started I realized that I want to make a ton more. I have all these great ideas now for little terrarium villages. The end results for our first attempts are shown below.

I can't wait to see how the terrarium fills in. I also need to hit the hobby store for some little miniature inhabitants for the terrarium. SO FUN! If you haven't attempted a terrarium yet you really need to get on it.

Thanks mom for the inspiration.

No comments: