Wednesday, January 30, 2008

playing catch up



It has been a while since I have had a chance to update my blog. Things have been busy and updates to the house haven't been as often as I would like but we still manage to bring stuff in.

Here are photos of the latest gems that we brought back from our Sunday favorite...the flea market.

Above is a photograph of our new taxidermy deer. We think its German. The eyes are hand blown glass and the mount is carved wood. The photograph doesn't really do our new friend justice. He is such a sweetie.


Next we have a metal....dustable of honest Abe Lincoln. Abe's head wasn't attached but once we put it on the bench sandwiched between him and his hat it seemed like it was meant to be.


And finally a new office chair. We have had such a hard time finding something small and comfortable that would fit inside our small office area. We found this little gem for $20. not bad for the perfect chair.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Headless Abe! It really does look meant to be!

Anonymous said...

I agree that the carving on your deer looks german.

It might have been stuffed/made in the states in places with a large german immigrant population. If the head is small, I'd suggest the Texas area. There are a lot of German communities in/around the Texas Hill Country (Fredricksburg, Boerne, Gruene etc).

WPZ - Sandy said...

Ah, that chair really is perfect, simple, and unique! It is exactly what I need for my closet-home-office as well, wish one would turn up in DC!

Loved your apartment over at AT!