Friday, August 7, 2009

socal

This is a photo of a woman that I took in HB. You can't tell from this photo but she was perhaps the coolest person I have ever seen. She was taking photographs of surfers the day before the US Open of Surfing started. Perfect jeans, striped shirt and hat. I really wanted to know who she was but chickened out when my chance came to chat her up. I kept wondering if she had ever made an appearance on The Sartorialist blog.


I am back tracking a little today. I am finally publishing a post about a trip to SOCAL that we took at the beginning of the summer. Richard had some work to do down in Huntington Beach and we both had people we wanted to visit in Palm Springs and LA so we took about 5 days and headed out.

dessert before Palm Springs

cabazon dinosaur

My friend Kelsey was in Palm Springs for the weekend so we drove down for the night to join him. We decided to drive through the dessert. I ended up getting caught in a CHP speed trap and now have to pay a $332. fine. The scenary was gorgeous though. I am trying to remember how beautiful it was and not how irritated I was at getting the ticket.


The photos above are from the lobby at our friend Roger's office. We went to see him once we got into LA. I just love how the spirit of old Hollywood glamour pops up in the most unexpected places.

Chicken Boy

While in LA we had dinner in Highland Park. I was a little scared by the landmark over the restaurant but learned later that Chicken Boy is a benevolent landmark. You can read all about it here.


I have quite a few photos of our trip that I uploaded to flickr that you can view if you want more but for now I close with some of the gorgeous flowers that fill up most of Los Angeles in the summer. Anything will grow there and the weather keeps everything thriving.

Thanks for looking!






No comments: