Thursday, June 4, 2009

the first blueberry and uncle julian's collections

After our trips were over I went down to Fresno to see my family for a few days. I love visiting the valley during the spring. All the fruit trees start promising fruit for summer and it isn't too hot to enjoy it yet. In another month it starts to hit 115 degrees.
Dad with his first blueberry of the year. He had to hide his plants from the mockingbirds to get any blueberries at all. I think it makes them taste sweeter when you have to fight for them.

We went to visit my Aunt Bernice. She has such a green thumb that all plants will thrive in her yard even if she ignores everything.

My Aunt Stella and Uncle Julian live out in the country and have a lot of space to grow things and more importantly collect things. I paid them a visit and took a few photos.

fabulous tool shed


I forgot to ask my uncle why he has bottles over the fruit from his tree but I have a feeling he is trying to protect it from the birds.







After touring my uncle's yard I told him he missed his calling as a set designer for old westerns.


Just before I left Fresno my mom gave me a super cute Bauer planter with a plant in it.

The next time I visit they should have ripe figs on their tree. I can't wait!!!



No comments: