Thursday, November 29, 2007

between thanksgiving and christmas



I think that November was the fastest month ever. With just a few more days til December I am trying to figure out how I can squeeze more hours into a day. I might have to start getting up at 5:30 just to stay on top of things. Anyway...Thanksgiving was great. My parents drove up from the central valley and I had a few friends who joined us as well. I am sad to say that I wasn't able to get great photos of the table because I was too busy overcooking the turkey.

I am posting up to date photos of the apartment. We just picked up our tree so we will start the holiday decorating in a few more days but here is a little in between holiday progress. We have hung a lot more art and finally dug our way out of almost all of the boxes. You can't see them in these photos but they are totally there.




If you want to see some before photos you can check them out here in the archives. We still need curtains and a million other things but for now we have a space where we can sit and work on things or just relax. It feels like it is really coming together. I have a lot of detail shots that I uploaded on flickr if anyone wants to see close-ups of our stuff.


We are also fine tuning the office and I am posting a couple of those photos.

more later....have a great Thursday!


6 comments:

Susan said...

Hi, Your apartment, your things, your art, your displays of collections of stuff is all so beautiful and amazing. I love it. Your's is a tres inspiring blog. Thanks!

day at a glance said...

thank you!

Decorno said...

Holy god, I *love* your place. The ghost chair next to that happy little vintage wreck of a chair is so brilliant. And I see we share a love for those little vintage office-y table lamps with the articulating neck. Love, love, love.

Decorno said...

I just had to post about you here, FYI:

http://decorno.blogspot.com/2008/01/there-is-santa-claus.html

Brilliant Asylum said...

Nice art collection. Thanks for sharing. I would love to know more about the artists.

day at a glance said...

thank you everyone! It is nice to know that people like what we are doing here. you get a little weird just working on your space alone and we find we really need outside comments to keep us sane. THANKS!