I occurred to me today that I haven't really posted good before and after shots of the kitchen. I did a little work in there today so I wanted to post a few good pictures. I am really proud of the kitchen as it was the hardest to stay optimistic about. Make sure to take a good look at the before pictures.
As you can see from the before picture I had to strip paint off of the glass cabinet doors. We also replaced the above sink cabinet with two red Ikea shelves. The stripping took a long time. Just looking at this picture makes my hand start to cramp up in the shape of a shrimp.
We were really lucky with the Wedgwood stove. The stove is gorgeous and works great but I think it may have to go. I need something a lot smaller so that I can actually work in my kitchen. If you know anyone who wants a gorgeous Wedgwood stove please have them contact me via email. I am so torn but ultimately I need more space and less stove.
There was a lot of cleaning and priming and painting. I am including an action shot of Richard painting behind the stove. That was super nasty. Those of you who have been reading from the beginning of this project know that the apartment wasn't exactly clean when we got here. The kitchen was by far the worst. I will spare you the details but I was afraid of the kitchen for a while if that tells you anything.
Another little project was the former ironing board area. We have very little space for food storage so Richard turned our ironing board area into a tiny cupboard.YAY!
I am going to work on posting some detail shots of the kitchen on Flickr later.
Thanks for looking!