Tuesday, October 2, 2007

light pulls and high speed internet

Yesterday was one of those days where a lot was done it just wasn't very noticeable.

We had our internet changed and moved up to our new apartment which meant that we had to hide cable in crown molding and down the sides of doorways. It took about two hours but now the office is up and running. I will wait to post a photo until I have some shelving up. Right now it just looks a little tragic in here.

Richard painted all the trim in the bathroom and we got rid of the ugly rug in the bedroom I found myself drifting in and out of side projects that were distracting me from the bigger picture like tying cute light pulls
in the office and reviewing my collection of cool looking paper for future projects like lining the inside of our bathroom cabinet....when we have one.

One really cool thing that happened today was Richard's interview with Fecal Face came out. It was nice because they really showed a lot of his work.


In the same posting there are photos of his friend Jim Housers house that I really liked. I thought you might like them too so I am posting them at the bottom of the page.

Anyway we were also able to put drawers back in our dressers and move them into the bedroom. That was really great. Fishing through drawers stacked on one another was starting to make me a little crazy. Today there should be a lot more to see. I will keep you posted.


how cute are these photos?

3 comments:

behaving nicely said...

Hi there!
I think everyone who is visiting your lovely blog is wondering how you managed to talk your landlord into doing all this renovation. It is looking so beautiful! (And as a fellow San Francisco dweller I am pretty envious if your landlord is paying for any of these improvements.) We would love to hear the whole story. You should do a post about it!

day at a glance said...

Hi!
Thanks for following the blog and for your kind words about our improvements. My landlord has been really positive and supportive and I am grateful. I think he is pretty happy too. I mean who wouldn't be thrilled to have someone making the kind of improvements we are making? This place was such a mess before. It has to be a weight off of his shoulders knowing that he doesn't have to worry about it. Thanks again!

bibbitybob said...

Your place is looking lovely!

Just to let you know I've tagged you on my blog.