Now that I feel alright about the 'wallpaper' I am ready to give the room list of what we did and what we used to get it to look like it does. But first I wanted to thank Dean over at My Little Apartment. She suggested using upholstery tacks to just deal with the fabric seams head on. It is a great idea and I wish I had thought of it. Thanks Dean! At any rate I am putting the plan into action once we get the rest of the apartment together. Richard is here in 4 days and things are starting to look better but I still have a long way to go. Anyway...here is the list with before and after photos.
- removed radiator
- removed all peeling wallpaper near radiator
- skim coated the peeled wallpaper areas to even out the texture
- sanded plastered areas
- primed all of the walls to get rid of the lavender color
- painted ceiling with Kelly Moore Bright White (flat)
- painted the trim with Kelly Moore Soft Sesame (eggshell finish)
- painted walls with Kelly Moore Mocha (flat)
- painted chair rail with Kelly Moore Crystal Cathedral (semi-gloss)
- attached deep blue/grey mohair looking fabric to walls using Golden Harvest Universal Wheat Wallpaper Paste. (I tried using starch first. IT DIDN'T WORK)
...and then I cleared out the hallway and put some of our books in their new homes.
My friends Brody and Cole (pictured here) stopped by for a bit to check on the progress. Cole got sleepy so they went home but it was nice to see people. I hope Brody starts a blog soon. Her house is amazing.