Thursday, September 13, 2007

September 12th






Yesterday was a pretty big day. I had a little help with painting the ceiling and my landlord came by to take a look at the radiator I want taken out. He has arranged to have some people come over to take it out today around 3 so I am really looking forward to that. I have been waiting to do much to the bedroom as the radiator is sitting where I want the bed to go. I will include before and after pictures of that later.

I worked on scrubbing the walls in the kitchen as well as priming the walls and stripping hardware. The kitchen was really disgusting. The tenant before me did not clean the walls before she painted them a curry color so in addition to cleaning newish grease I was cleaning old grease that was unearthed after the curry came off. All I can say is if you don't clean it first then paint won't stick to the wall right. Gross.

Yesterday's punch list check offs were:

  1. prime ceiling in living room
  2. sand patched areas in kitchen
  3. patch areas in living room
  4. scrub walls in kitchen
  5. prime half the kitchen
  6. strip hardware off of old ice box
  7. strip paint off of tile back splash near the sink
  8. put another layer of plaster onto kitchen wall to level it out

Here are a few photos of what has been happening and some guests that have come by to help out.


No comments: