Thursday, September 27, 2007

it didn't quite get done but we have 4 hours tomorrow

We are exhausted...

We were up at 6 and worked all day. We had hoped to finish everything and move all of our stuff into the new apartment by the end of the day.....if I weren't so tired I would probably laugh out loud. We had someone come in to move all of the heavy stuff up the stairs but now we have all the little stuff to move and clean. All I could muster for this evenings post is a before and after of the living room. I know you have probably seen the living room more often than any other room but this one has evidence of the floor scrubbing and light waxing that we did today. What a work out. Its like renovation boot camp.

More tomorrow after we move everything up....

night, night...

this is the before shot....notice the margarine colored walls and chutneyish ceiling





this is the after photo...I forgot to mention that we had a great steel blue grey color picked out for the walls on either side of the windows but we ran out of time. we have decided to live with the plain skim coat of plaster for a while and see if we like it instead.

3 comments:

Anna @ D16 said...

Wow, that is a MAJOR improvement. It looks fantastic!

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

I love seeing all the hard work you have put into making you place beautiful.

Unknown said...

I Love what you've done to the wall. I hope you'll end up loving it too.